Hurricane Tuesday - Pay Day

Pay day.

Usually falls on one or two days before the month ends, or on the 1st of every month. And I will be like the thing in the gif above. Sadly, that lasts for a few days before I have to transfer money out to pay debts. Lucky for me, study loan was waived, thats a few hundred bucks there. I still remember when I tried to renew my passport last year, I was notified by the immigration officer that he could not proceed with my renewal application because I was blacklisted, I owed the government 1k plus. Was not really surprised knowing this, government is slow in everything you can think of, though I had received the letter that my loan was waived long before I went for renewal. Had to go down to PTPTN branch and barked at the, apparently, interns there. Showed them every piece of document I had, and they promised to me this mad lady it would be resolved as soon as the next day. Sometimes you just gotta act mad, even if you don't really feel mad, to push things further.

One debt down, 83957 more to come.

Car loan, internet bill, telephone bill, water bill, electric bill, insurance and many other unknown bills. Electric bill hiked up to 80+ last month, with only 2 persons in the house. It is usually 40+. For the first time in my life, I switched on air con every night without setting timer for the whole one month. That is where the extra 40+ came from.

FAMA fund. Father and mother fund, which you must contribute, or you will burn in hell. Joking, I don't get to decide if you will burn in hell or you will live a lonesome life ever since.

Tithe. At least one tenth of your total earnings. You may consider adding in EPF too. I actually got friends commenting that maybe it's a little bit too much, the money I give? I feel fine, it's not really my money anyway, strictly speaking. Just returning with gratitude.

And I have forced myself to save an amount of money every month.

Screw all the debts, I am lucky enough to have this job. After years of hard savings every month, finally, I manage to treat myself McDonald's lunch without having to consider no-money-to-survive--the-last-few-days dilemma. Again, joking, booo. I treat myself McDonald's whenever I want to. What I mean is, I finally, somewhat, can buy things I want to buy. Just bought an oven last few weeks. Time to rock the kitchen. Bought a web hosting too, just consider myself fortunate to have interest in something. Friends actually encouraged me to start up some freelances. Come on.

Money can be a good servant, but never a good master. I love money, because it can help me to achieve a lot of things that only money can do. But bear in mind that, never ever let such thing dethrone the one who gives you everything, including money.

Work hard, play hard, save hard, spend hard, give hard, and give thanks.

0 loves: