Marriage

People warned me about marriage life being cunning all this while, especially my mama. Quoted, marriage is not as easy as you think.

Is it not?

Having to share my king size bed with another person, not to mention washroom, especially in the morning for brush up. Not, again, to mention, the another person, he is a super duper fussy one. And very tui mu (foochow). I don't get used sleeping with air conditioner on. I love the creation, but I always turn it off right before I go to bed, because I don't wanna get up in the middle of the night, feeling cold, and I have to actually open my eyes, leave my bed to turn the switch off. But not for him. He doesn't care. He will just leave it on until the next morning, even if he feels cold, which he seldom does.

After all, those are just minor ones. I think my mama didn't only mean physically, but also mentally. I am mentally abused by Mr. Siaw when he chooses to read on bed at night. At 11p.m. Which is my sleeping time. And which I don't like. I am not a deep sleeper. I fall asleep easily, very easily, but it always does not last long, if I do not favour the my sleeping environment. I am very picky on this, I treasure my sleeping time, my sleeping quality. There happened times when I constantly got woken by nothing in the middle of the night, and I had to stay awake for hours before I dozed off again. This can happen quite a few times one night. On the other hand, Mr. Siaw is a hardcore deep sleeper. He seldom dreams. I have to slap him to wake him up.

Nevertheless, we survived one month of our marriage. I can't believe it's already one month. I can't even believe it is only one month. I feel like years already. Seriously, if you ask me, I dont feel my life changing vastly after getting married. Probably because we don't stay with parents. Eh don't look at me like that, I did not request for this.

The other day, while I was driving home, I heard from radio the DJ was talking about some celebrities getting married for the third time. The third time. How can somebody go through this three times? HAHAHAH. How will they feel? I wonder. Just another marriage? Or this is going to be the last one? It is already so hard to break up in a relationship, how can somebody go through divorce twice? I cannot stop wondering.

It is not that I don't have enough faith, but I still constantly pray that mine will last long. Even better, until eternity.

0 loves: